Sunday was Kaleb's 3rd birthday! 1096 days being on this crazy place we call Earth.
The party prep actually began on Saturday. My dad and I went to Academy to buy Kaleb's trampoline and they didn't have the enclosure. Well, I wasn't about to buy a trampoline for a 3 year old with out the enclosure... Eventually we found another Academy with the enclosure and Travis went to pick it up.
I ordered his cookie cake and got a pan size figuring that we would have an abundance left over {hah, good thing I ordered the largest one they had}.
The day for me started ohhh so early with very little sleep. Who sleeps with a 11 week old anyway? I woke up and got Kaleb ready for church {it was my Sunday for snacks}. Travis kept complaining about taking him to church by himself, but there was no way he was staying home with me while I did the 736 things I had left to do. They go to church and the fun begins.
I had to go to the store for all the little things like plates and extra cups so I picked up a few other things I needed too. I get home and I completely forgot that hot dogs were on the menu so my friend went back to the store for me {thankfully she was there}.
Travis and Kaleb get home from church and he immidiaetly wants to jump on the trampoline. Personally, I wanted him to have a nap to avoid any melt downs, but daddy was quick to say he doesn't need one {like alllllways}.
The party starts and there are probably 20 kids around and I only had 8 goodie bags. I didn't remember inviting all of those kids... or maybe it's another brain fart. Needless to say most of them left forgetting their bags.
Time to open presents... let's just say he made out like a bandit. 3 new pair of shoes {his favorites too Crocs and Shox as he says}, a new baseball mit and ball, 3 electric race tracks {like we have room for this?!} a "helicocker" and more cars then I've ever seen in my life.
Then it's time for 'cookie'. We light the candles, sing happy birthday, serve the ENTIRE cookie and BAM silence. It seemed as though my day was going 90mph and then I hit a road block because there suddenly were no kids and no crazy loud people in my house... ahhh as filthy as my floors were and as crooked as the books and dvd's were I was in heaven.
For dinner we had Alaskan snow crab... totally finished the day right =)
Train canvas
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment